Group Nurse Manager - OH and Primary Care
About London Doctors Clinic
Doctors Clinic Group is a rapidly expanding group of private GP clinics and Occupational Health services, based in central London, Chislehurst, Manchester and Birmingham.
We offer convenient and affordable private healthcare in London, with most consultations being 15 minutes from £65. Our online booking system where patients can book a long time in advance or at the very last minute offers the convenience that walk-in clinics can’t rival, a guaranteed appointment when patients need to find a GP.
About the Job
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Group Clinical Nurse Manager to join The Doctors Clinic Group to lead our well-established nursing and HLA team, working as a member of the senior management team and part of the Group Clinical Governance Team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the nursing strategy and clinical input that supports the Occupational Health, GP and Secondary Care operations and the day-to-day management of the nursing and HLA team.
You will be pivotal in co-ordinating nurse and HLA lead services, product design as well as the daily management and organisation of the Group team.
In this role, we will want you to think outside the existing environment and explore ways to maximise efficiency, innovation, and productivity.
You will need to demonstrate leadership skills and have a sound understanding of effective people management and operational practices.
Main Clinical Duties and Responsibilities
- To lead and provide advice, support and clinical guidance to the Occupational Health Nurse Advisors, Nurse’s, and HLA’s and to act as a professional role model providing strong, facilitative, and effective clinical leadership.
- Develop and maintain the delivery of occupational health services in conjunction with the OH Medical Director.
- To provide all aspects of nursing care including consultation, advice, education, testing and immunisations where appropriate and in accordance with standing orders and departmental protocols.
- To lead the development, update and review of all clinical policies, procedures, and standing orders.
- To support and participate in the Groups clinical audit programme and Clinical Governance Framework.
- Work closely with members of the Senior Management Team to contribute to meeting the Groups strategic and operational objectives, including the development of new products and services.
- To manage external contractors (OH, Nurse and HLA) to ensure compliance to the determined service specification and that all required procurement procedures are followed.
- When operationally required offer clinical support to include triaging, online and paper assessment of new starters, vaccination/phlebotomy/clinical queries/medicals/checking and audit of another clinical colleague’s work.
- To provide clinical support in relation to existing and new client opportunities. This will include but not limited to product design, launch of new services, tenders’ responses, new business enquiries, service level agreements, renewal negotiation and account management.
- To carry out client needs assessments and appropriate defining of relevant clinical services.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of client relationships through improved quality, delivery and efficiency of clinical services and customer satisfaction.
- To participate in the management of clinical complaints.
- Support marketing in the provision of clinical content for employer newsletters, quarterly wellbeing and employee newsletters and company website.
- To work with HR in the selection, recruitment, appointment and onboarding of the nursing and HLA team, and ongoing support, training, development, and day to day management of the team which may also include agency staff.
- To ensure all staff within the function understand and are fully trained and updated in the core principles, processes, and protocols.
- To conduct appraisals and reviews and advise on the clinical professional development of the nursing and HLA team.
- To utilise all directly controlled financial and other resources to best effect, within agreed budgetary limits and in compliance.
- Set and manage budget
- Input into pricing and profitability of contracts
- Within the clinical team ensuring compliance with statutory and policy requirements thereby ensuring a safe and healthy working environment.
- To support the development, maintenance and review of all necessary policies, procedures and controls to ensure that the Group function continuously operates within the required statutory and legal frameworks.
- To advise and offer clients guidance in respect of their statutory and legislative obligations in relation to occupational health matters.
Quality Assurance & Management of Clinical Standards & Performance
- To monitor, review and develop clinical policies and procedures to ensure they meet legislation and Dept of Health recommendations and reflect standards of best practice.
- Responsible for the management of internal clinical nurse and technician audits.
- Responsible for SEQOHS audits relating to clinical and administrative processes and any other.
Information and Communications
- To make full use of existing operational and management information systems to influence and maximise operational efficiency and resource control contributing to the further development of such systems and processes to enhance performance, minimise cost and maximise efficiency.
- Attend and actively contribute to monthly management and other meetings as required.
- To maintain valid and up to date registration with the NMC and comply with NMC guidelines in relation to professional issues and revalidation.
- To maintain working knowledge of the Groups policies and procedures and adopt these accordingly
- To maintain a flexible approach to the role according to professional and service needs
- To work in accordance with the Groups Health and Safety Policies
- Promote equality of opportunity and provide an environment in which the dignity of individuals is respected and free from workplace harassment and bullying
Qualifications, Work Experience and Skills
- Registration with NMC Part 1
- Postgraduate qualification in Occupational Health
- Evidence of up to date knowledge base of professional and specialist issues
- Sound educational background including a good standard of numeracy and written English.
- Experience in managing multi-skilled nursing teams
- An enthusiastic and inspiring role model grounded in practice.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of professional accountability in the scope of professional practice.
- Innovative and adaptable, with strong leadership and management skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and within a team framework. Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Applications e.g. email, word processing and spreadsheets etc.
- Negotiation and motivational skills, ability to accept and deliver constructive feedback.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Able to prioritise own workload and manage own time, self-motivated and capable of working flexibly and to strict deadlines using own initiative
- A team player with the ability to plan and organise the work within the team in order to meet specified deadlines and service needs.
- Demonstrates a self-motivated and proactive approach to work.
- Awareness of own limitations, innovative and creative
- Confidence, assertiveness, tact, diplomacy and empathy for dealing with clients.
- Team working.
- Self-awareness and a sense of respect for others irrespective of gender, social class, race or sexual orientation.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Forward-thinking and planning effectively under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Understands and supports a flexible approach to team working.
- Must hold a valid driving licence and be prepared to travel
- Knowledge and experience of working in commercial occupational health
- Experience of using eOpas /practice management systems
- Working in a nurse-led service
- Use of own car
Apply on the London Doctors Clinic website.